The FPFC Market Report® is an exclusive benefit for FPFC members. It provides a quarterly benchmarking tool that allows you to determine your sales performance against the backdrop of the entire state, specific regions and other products.
REPORT FOR 52-WEEK PERIOD ENDING 12/31/17
Produce sales hit state-wide highs.
Los Angeles market contributes more than 50% of growth.
Fixed-weight is a driving force.
All growth in San Diego came from fixed-weight.
Is the kale honeymoon over?
Volume has dropped in every market.
Prices drop on asparagus
Northern California markets see increased dollar and volume sales.
Click Here for Previous Reports
The FPFC Market Report® is only available from the FPFC.
And it's only available to members.
Each quarter, FPFC members will have access to data collected statewide and from four California markets:
- San Francisco (Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, San Francisco, San Mateo and Santa Clara Counties)
- Sacramento (El Dorado, Placer, Sacramento, San Joaquin and Yolo Counties)
- Los Angeles (Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside and San Bernardino Counties)
- San Diego (San Diego County)
Each issue of The FPFC Market Report® compiles 13-week and 52-week sales data on all items recorded under the vegetable and fruit categories.
- Fruit/Vegetable/Other share of total produce dollars
- Average weekly dollars in produce sales
- Fixed-weight vs. random weight sales
- Organics sales
- Performance in key fruit and vegetable categories
- Trend comparisons